adampav

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Murder vs. War


What's the difference between killing someone you dont know in war, and killing someone you dont know in your city. I'm not against war or anything I'm just wondering what makes it alright for someone to blow up or shoot at someone from a different country that we dont like. But if we do that in our country you will get sent to jail for murder or attempted murder. Yet in war its heroic. So if you sacrifice your life in a gang fight is it alright to kill the other person whos firing back at you, if you started the fight. No, you'd go to jail but thats pretty much what war is in a little bit more of a formal manner. So why are the rules changed so much for the two?

3 Comments:

Blogger MemphisKell said...

There are actually a few Marines currently standing trial for murder in Iraq. You pose a longstanding philosophical question.

February 23, 2008 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger lizayouloveit said...

I like the point you make in this Adam, I had never thought about things in this way before. Its really interesting the question you ask and I myself wonder now if there is a difference.

February 24, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Good point. I think that there is a big difference though. Well, soldiers aren't just killing people it's not like our soldiers roam free and run wild shooting at whomever they please! They are killing evil people, terrorists, people who were brainwashed into thinking a certain way. You can't just sit down for tea with them and expect them to dicuss matters with you. I am positive they will kill you! If someone shoots someone on the street just because they don't like the person doesn't mean that's a legitiment reason to kill them..you know? So...that's my opinion. I hope maybe you agree because I was sooooo persuasive! : )

February 26, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home